Sunday, September 11, 2011

Introduction

I feel as though these little introduction posts are, for the most part, a necessary evil that each blogger must provide. As cliche as it sounds, you need to know about me before you read my writing. Unless you feel that you have a firm grasp of my psyche and thought patterns, I would recommend taking a minute reading this lest you decide to never visit this site again.

This blog has been a long time in the making. Indeed, many in my life, especially the friends in my ward, have asked me for months to start a blog. For whatever reason they think that I will be able to provide some sort of distraction in their lives that will be more valuable then Facebook or Kid History (which is a great compliment considering the undeniable quality of said production). Therefore, this blog is first and foremost meant for distraction and enjoyment by its readers and not meant as an avenue to truly express my opinions. It is true that one's opinions are hard to hide when speaking on a subject, but I encourage you to think that perhaps my posts are meant to be entertaining and therefore not necessarily my true opinions.

And why would I need to say that, do you ask? Because often times I am not really sure what my opinions are. So if I post something that may be slightly offensive to someone because it casts a less than pristine opinion of their favorite TV show or may be offensive to the 1/100th part Cherokee they have in their blood, know that it was not meant to be a slight to your existence. In fact, realize that this is not a politically correct blog, and I am diametrically opposed to the ideology. In a day and age of supposed "enlightened" thought and "freedom" of speech, it certainly seems that we are limited to what we may or ought to say.

This being said, I do not intend to make this an offensive blog, or even a blog that will deal with many volatile subjects. I just would like it if you didn't post a comment about how you will find me in the night and make me pay for my arrogance over a post I have written. In reality, you have taken me and my little digital corner of the universe WAY to seriously, and you probably need help. I have provided a link for you, please take time to peruse its pages before hunting me down. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. A blog? I take it you have some spare time this semester. To all those who don't know the ideas of Marc, let me tell you first hand from a viewpoint that is not outmatched by many of his ideas and mind, that he does provide quality opinions and ideas that are worth listening to. I am excited to see what new avenues he peruses and what holes he digs for himself in this blog. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: Did you misspell "distractions" on purpose--a kind of "play on words", or is "disctractions" a typo? (As a teacher, I see it as a misspelling.)
    ~Sis. Whiting
    Oak Hills Ward
    Hesperia, CA Stake

    ReplyDelete